What is a Lash Lift?
The lash lift procedure has revolutionised old, inadequate perming techniques. Our Eyelash Lift Kit includes both silicone shields and perm rods. Silicone shields are for the ultimate lift while the perming rods are for a perfect curl. The silicone shields are designed to be applied with a friend, while the perming rods are perfect to apply yourself. This new technique can lift, straighten or curl, and lengthen your own natural lashes to create a brighter, fuller, wide eyed look. No need for extensions and the associated aftercare, this will last you 6-8 weeks or even longer.
How does the Eyelash Lift Kit work?
Please see the 12 steps of the instructions below:
1. Cleanse eyelashes using a non oily eye makeup remover. Gently position the correct size silicone rod on the upper eyelid. Trim if needed.
2. Place a small amount of bonding gel on the back of the rod to keep the rod in place. Hold the rod for 5-10 seconds on the eyelid to ensure adhesion.
3. Apply a strip of eyelash bonding gel to the front of the silicone rod. Using one of the Luxe Lash Lifter tools, gently roll and place the lashes onto the silicone rod.
4. Gently separate any lashes using the hook of the lash lifter and ensure correct lash placement. Be sure to adhere only the top lashes to the rod.
5. Apply Step 1 PERM lotion using application brush from the root of the lash to half way up the lash. Do not coat the ends of the lashes. Place clear lid back on tip of lotion and throw away brush tip.
6. Let perm lotion process for 5-7 minutes (depending on the strength of the lashes).
7. Remove the perm lotion with a damp cotton tip. Take note to be gentle and not distrupt the lash position on the rods.
8. Apply Step 2 SETTING lotion using application brush to the middle of the lashes only. Do not coat the ends of the lashes. Process for 5-7 minutes. Place clear lid back on tip of lotion and throw away brush tip.
9. Remove the setting lotion with a damp cotton tip. Take note to be gentle and not distrupt the lash position on the rods.
10. Apply Step 3 NOURISHING lotion using application brush, process for 2 minutes. Lashes should be softly able to detach from the rod now.
11. If there are some lashes attached, dampen a cotton bud in warm water to remove gel. Remove rods with the nourishing lotion and warm water. Place clear lid back on tip of lotion and throw away brush tip.
12. Brush lashes upwards daily. Do not wet eyelashes for 24 hours from the time of application.
How do I need to prep for the treatment?
Allow yourself to be make up free. If you wear contacts, they must be removed.
Can a Lash Lift be used to compliment other treatments?
Yes! A lash Lift is enhanced when you use our Luxe Lashes Growth Serum and Define mascara. While your lashes grow longer, our process controls straight or overly curly lashes by giving them a uniform lifted look. The Mascara completes the look!
Does the Lash Lift process hurt?
No the procedure is totally painless. The bonding is very harmless compared to eyelash extension glue. Even if your eyes are open, the bonding gel formula is soft and gentle on eyes and skin.
Is the procedure safe?
Yes. Lashes are lifted onto our specially shaped lifting shields and rods before products are applied.
Will the Lash Lift damage my natural lashes?
No. The at home procedure has been designed to be gentle on your lashes. The bonding gel formula, perm lotion, setting lotion and nourishing lotion all have formulas that are safe and tested to nourish lashes. The tubes have been created to make the procedure efficient and effective. The timing is important to adhere to with the utmost care and proper technique. The product never touches the skin during the process. Redness around the eye may occur due to the product removal process (wiping the eyes with cotton rounds) but should disappear within a few minutes after the procedure.
How long does a lash lift take?
When using the Luxe Lashes Eyelash Lift Kit, it will take takes approximately 20 minutes when applying product to both eyes. If applying to one set of lashes at a time, the process will take 30 minutes.
How long will a Lash Lift last?
A Lash Lift can last 6-8 weeks but can vary from person to person. There is no need for any maintenance appointments in between but you will need to have the process repeated every 6-8 weeks to lift the new hair growth. There are some situations that may cause the lift to drop/weaken prematurely such as swimming, use off harsh products or heat. If you find that your lift does not last the full 2 months, you can repeat the treatment after a minimum of 6 weeks of having the initial treatment, but not before.
Will I have a reaction to the lotion?
Very few people have a reaction to the lotion but that doesn’t mean you won’t be one of them. What one person reacts to, another is fine with. This is why we recommend patch testing any new products 24 hours beforehand. A patch test is quick and simple. It consists of us placing 2 drops of lotions behind the ear for 15 minutes. Wiping it off and waiting to see if any subsequent irritation occurs over the next 24 hours such as redness, itching or inflammation for example.
I wear contact lenses, can I have this procedure?
No please remove them temporarily during the process.
Can I wear makeup after my lash lift?
Yes but it is advised that you leave your lashes untouched for at least 24 hours after your treatment. We recommend using our Define Mascara which has been formulated to specifically define lashes that have been lifted. This will make your lashes even fuller, as our Define mascara is a non-waterproof mascara and advised as the removal of waterproof mascaras can be harsh on the lashes and weaken the lift.
How do I clean my eyes?
Gently, using mild products. Always wait 24 hours to do this, straight after the process.
Can I use an eyelash curler?
No. There will be no need for an eyelash curler as this treatment gives a much better result than using a curler, But more importantly, using one may weaken and damage your lashes.
Although it is impossible to list every potential risk and complication, the following conditions are recognised as contraindications for the Eyelash Lift Kit and must be disclosed prior to the treatment:
Recent Eye Surgery
Allergy to product
Very sensitive eyes
Hay fever sufferers/Watery Eyes
Dry Eye Syndrome
Using prescribed medicated eye drops
Pregnancy – during the 1st trimester
Medication – Thyroxin (in some cases can prevent lashes from curling)
Contact Lenses – must be removed
Post Care Instructions:
Keep your lashes dry and free of makeup for 24 hours after the treatment.
Avoid any oil based creams and lotions for the first 24 hours after the treatment.
Do not use waterproof mascara.
Do not irritate or rub your eyes while you have a Lash Lift